1. The purposes of surface modification
Aluminum hydroxide is an inorganic filler，it is different in physical form and chemical structure from polymers, so the affinity between them is very low. In order to change its surface activity, surface coating treatment is generally carried out by adding a suitable large surfactant or coupling agent to achieve the following purposes:
1) Improve surface activity. To increase the affinity between aluminum hydroxide and resin, then improve physical and mechanical properties.
2) Increase the amount of aluminum hydroxide mixed and increase flame retardancy and reduce the cost of products.
3) Increase resin processing fluidity and improve processing performance.
4) Reduce the moisture absorption rate of aluminum hydroxide and improve various electrical properties of flame retardant products.
2. Surface treatment method
Usually using a dry process, that is, the aluminum hydroxide is placed in high-efficiency kneading equipment (such as a high-speed mixer) for mixing. The modifier is sprayed on the aluminum hydroxide directly or diluted with a small amount of inert solvent, and then fully mixed. Finally dry at a certain temperature.
3. Surface treatment materials
Commonly used surfactants: stearic acid
Commonly used coupling agents: silanes, fatty acids
Zibo Pengfeng New Material Technology Co., Ltd can provide various kinds of surface-treated fine aluminum hydroxide as customers’ requirements.
Please find the TDS of the silane coated grade PF-1S by downloading:
Or view directly on a new page: